Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Genoa summertime, have the specialists at Assured Appliance and Heating & Air complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally discharging it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Assured Appliance and Heating & Air today at 847-306-8990.