When it’s chilly in Genoa you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Assured Appliance and Heating & Air.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps growing. This could point to a few different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Assured Appliance and Heating & Air will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.