As warmer weather begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Genoa? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was working good last summer.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to schedule any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Assured Appliance and Heating & Air expert can help spot little troubles before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is installed outside, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly decrease your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to maintain intricate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create elevated energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely look at pieces and complete a series of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate issues before they lead to major problems that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free comfort throughout the season. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is set to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your equipment is open to advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the following locations and components:
- Complete unit order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Assured Appliance and Heating & Air
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Assured Appliance and Heating & Air pros a shout at 847-306-8990 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.