As we get further in to November and the temperature continues to fall, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to get a new furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a call at 847-306-8990 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Assured Appliance and Heating & Air in Genoa a call at 847-306-8990. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.