Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Genoa is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Assured Appliance and Heating & Air consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Assured Appliance and Heating & Air in Genoa at 847-306-8990 today.