During the cooler Genoa months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Assured Appliance and Heating & Air will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Assured Appliance and Heating & Air ASAP if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Assured Appliance and Heating & Air can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Assured Appliance and Heating & Air at 847-306-8990 or book an appointment with us online.