Make your life simpler—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Assured Appliance and Heating & Air professional each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for a long time to come. Your technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your system, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in serious repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Assured Appliance and Heating & Air service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Assured Appliance and Heating & Air team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.